CURRENT JOB VACANCIES
- A clear understanding of the social enterprise
- Operations strategies for recycling and community empowerment programme
- Design and implement various recycling sessions
The role of Operations Manager:
- He or she is in charge of managing our small, yet well established NGO’s operations, community empowerment program, and various recycling sessions. The role leads student interns and the part-time workers recruited from the disadvantaged communities, provides them with experiential learning opportunities and enhances social inclusion, environment protection and equitable hygiene.
- Our core stakeholders include corporate customers, the hospitality industry and hotel partners, our wide volunteer base, our beneficiaries, and a network of partner NGOs.
- The position requires a clear understanding of the impact driven social enterprise/charity sector, the shared passion for Soap Cycling’s mission, and the ability to drive the implementation of a strategic vision.
- This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to enjoy the range of creativity, flexible work environment, and the flat hierarchy that comes with working for a small organization.
Main Areas of Responsibilities and Key Activities:
- Develop and execute full spectrum of operations plan and business strategies, including human resources management of student interns and part-time operations teammates, the collection services collaborated with hotel partners, recycling sessions and distributions, and social impact activities, to ensure consistent and proper implementation of the operations strategy, to optimize the utilization of the warehouse and workshop to realize Soap Cycling mission, and provide progress report accordingly.
- Design and implement various recycling sessions which serve as a platform to encourage quality dialogues between the underprivileged and the public, as well as employee engagement events for corporate customers, team building with a social cause, and small charity sales activities.
- Be responsible for data management to support creating Soap Cycling’s impact reports and maintaining stakeholders’ database.
- Provide all-round operations support for ad hoc Soap Cycling activities, e.g. charity sales, exhibitions, global service trips, and engagement programs and events for Soap Cycling stakeholders.
- Develop and implement standard operations procedures to assure the quality and safety of all activities.
- Manage clean and tidiness of Soap Cycling warehouse and workshop.
- Recruitment and supervision of student interns.
- As Soap Cycling is a small organization, the role would also require periodically performing other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience in related field, preferably in NGO / Social Venture / startup
- Experience of project management is preferable.
- Knowledge and experience in recycling / internship program / community empowerment program is a plus.
- Well-organized, presentable with good influencing and communication skills.
- Result-oriented, confident, self-motivated, positive approach and able to multitask.
- Strong analytical, organizing and management skills.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Cantonese.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, completed with expected salary and the date of availability for employment, to firstname.lastname@example.org.